• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, May 12, 2006

    Ya' know...

    If the character Carrie Bradshaw were being written today (for a new show, that is), she'd probably be a blogger instead of/in addition to a being a columnist. Doncha' think?

    And, speaking of SATC, the reason why the show was so popular among women was because we could all relate to it -- the themes, the girlfriend power, the dating debacles, etc. And we all could probably identify with some aspects of at least one of the women.

    As for me, here's what I realized that I have in common with the ladies:

  • Carrie -- I'm also a shoe fiend (but none of my shoes cost more than my apartment). We're both short. Enjoy writing, on a Mac.

  • Charlotte -- I'm a brunette. That's about it. Seriously. Okay, maybe one more thing: I'll probably end up with a man that I didn't expect to end up with.

  • Miranda -- I can also be somewhat of a focused, A-type personality (not always but I definitely have it in me) and a bit of a cynic. I may also end up with a man that I overlooked once before, just as Miranda did.

  • Samantha -- This one is a bit harder for me. Very independent. Skeptical about love. Swears in public. That's about it.
  • eXTReMe Tracker