• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, May 17, 2006

    My feet are killing me

    Just got back from a fundraiser dinner honoring (yup, you guessed it) two Asian Americans for their contributions to public service. This time it was Senator Daniel Inouye and Ed Moy. It must be an election year because lots of pols were there -- and it didn't hurt that there were no votes tonight.

    The two highlights of the evening were when Elaine Chao introduced Ed and said that he was very disturbing to get this award. She quickly corrected herself, in the face of the chortles from the audience, to say that he was deserving of the award. It was very funny. Even the Republicans were laughing.

    The second highlight was Jake Shimabukuro on the ukelele. I know that doesn't sound all the enticing, but the man. can. play. Apparently, Jimmy Buffett has called him the "Jimmy Hendrix of the ukelele". That's pretty high praise. The man makes a ukelele just plain cool. Cooler than cool. Hard to believe -- I know -- but it's true. He's awesome. Who else can make a ukelele sound like an electric guitar?

    Anyway, the event was "black tie optional", and I wore these shoes. They're cute and fairly comfy and went perfectly with my hot pink jacket -- whatever makes the outfit, right? -- but truly, no heels are really all that comfy after hours on your feet.

    And my feet aren't happy with me. Which is reasonable because I'm not happy with them either. Ahh, it feels good to be home and outta those heels. Now if only I could wrangle up a footrub...

    ::sigh:: I wish!

    eXTReMe Tracker