• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, March 31, 2006

    Calling all bloggers...!

    If you blog, I need your advice. Anyone who blogs had to make the decision about how much to reveal about his/her personal identity. I decided early on not to include my name or photo, but I've gradually revealed more and more about myself. And of course, some of my links and readers know my secret civilian identity. And pretty much anyone who reads this regularly can do a google search with a few choice words to figure me out. Because of that, I am thinking about being more open with my personal information. I am not 100% there yet, and that's why I need your help.

    Clearly, some bloggers hide nothing, using their real names and photos on their blogs -- or use a URL that is their name. Some include pictures or use only their real first names. Some give up their city (like I have) or school or place of employment. Some play it all close to the vest and remain an alias.

    What did you do and why? What considerations informed your decision? Why did you originally start blogging (because I think that's inextricably linked to the decision about whether you use your name/identity)? Would you do it differently if you started all over? Had/heard of any problems? If you're in the legal profession, were there any specific constraints that affected your decision?

    Since you made it this far, please post some comments and give me the benefit of your experience and insight. And any help you can give to direct others to comment too would be greatly appreciated.

    THANKS!

    eXTReMe Tracker