• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, October 19, 2008

    Obama-Biden yard sign

    It's no secret that SM and I support the Democratic candidates. We have the t-shirts, the stickers, the magnets and now the yard signs.

    We had been meaning to get a few yard signs for some time, and SM finally got around to it when our also progressive neighbors (who have a sign up) implored us to get some because we were outnumbered on our street.

    So last Monday, SM went down to the Democratic HQ for our county (which is conveniently about 2 miles away) and made a contribution to pick up three Obama-Biden yard signs. We live on a corner lot, so we wanted to get several to point in all directions.

    Originally, he had put two on the strip of grass between the street and the sidewalk (which is still our property) on the side of the house with the more heavily-trafficked (both car and foot) street and one in front. I figured that those two signs on the side would probably get "lost" quickly because people would think they were on public property and feel no compunction about coming on our lawn and taking them. So I moved one to our lawn, still on the heavily-trafficked side, but closer to the house and on "our" side of the sidewalk so it was clearly on our property. And I moved the other one to the front of our house, so that you could see a sign from pretty much any angle.

    That was Monday.

    By Thursday morning when SM walked Gidget in the morning, the sign on the side was gone.

    Less than three days and gone. That's gotta be a record.

    And who does that? Some punk kid who just wanted to be some punk kid? A McCain supporter with an agenda? Or an Obama supporter who figured that we had three signs so we could spare one (and didn't know that we actually had to make a contribution to get them)? I dunno, but I'm trying to convince myself it's the third option because that one makes me the least angry.

    And, yesterday we got a third yard sign. So there.

    Labels: , ,

    eXTReMe Tracker