• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, October 19, 2008

    I didn't know this; maybe you did...

    So, I was watching part of a CNN piece called "Sarah Palin Revealed" last night. Ya' know, her all-American humble roots in Alaska. Her dad was a science teacher (!what does he think about her "dinosaurs co-existing with humans" theory?) and track coach (good thing he didn't coach volleyball), and it was her mom that got her into the born-again church, where Sarah was indeed born again at 12. And yes, the rumors are fact that Sarah went to at least four colleges before she finally earned her degree in journalism. (I'll spare the snarks about the combined intellectual candlepower demonstrated by the McCain-Palin ticket...)

    Anyway, interesting tidbits, as far as I watched. I admit that I didn't watch it all the way through, but I did tivo it for later.

    But I did catch this... Sarah and Todd Palin's marriage is often portrayed as two high school sweethearts that eloped because they couldn't afford a wedding and knew they wanted to share the rest of their lives together.

    Okay, that may be true. But CNN also revealed this little factoid, which I hadn't heard before... Sarah and Todd eloped and almost eight months later, their first child was born.

    I'm sure we can all do that math. Girl just heard she was preggers, so they got hitched. Huh. So, Bristol is just following in her mother's shoes, just a few years earlier.

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker