• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, August 24, 2007

    Antsy, antsy!

    So we're off to the Eastern Shore of MD this afternoon, and all I have to do is get through the morning. I'm scramming at 1:30.

    Work is so-so right now. I have a bunch of things pending, but they are pending because I am waiting to hear back from other folks -- ya' know, get that other piece of information that I need before I can move ahead. When I get all of that, the dams will burst, and I'll have plenty to do.

    Until then... um, I am just farting around (although not like Scooter; think more metaphorically for me). But because it's August, productivity is generally down. The office is ridiculously quiet, which I cannot bear. I need some noise! There are a few not-so-cool stories of things that have happened here this past month, and maybe I'll share some of the shit that was dumped on me. Later.

    Hard to believe I've been here more than 8 months. In some ways, that time has flown, and I feel like I've worked with these folks for ever. I'm fairly comfortable here, and I think I fit in. In other ways, the time is just crawling along. I still have 4 months until my annual review to determine if I will get my grade increase (I f^cking better -- or this blog will revert to complaining about a job search... again!). Many of my retirement benefits don't kick in until this December either. So, yeah, sometimes the time just drags. It also drags when work is slow.

    But in 3 hours and 11 eleven minutes -- and clock-watching -- I'll be outta here for the weekend. A mini-break. Yay!

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker