• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Saturday, July 07, 2007

    The perfect word

    Ever have that lightbulb-goes-off-over-your-head, a-ha-kind-of-moment when someone says something that captures exactly what you're thinking? I did, reading a post by Butterflyfish about her recent run-in with sarchasm.

    Sarchasm: The abyss between the creator of witticisms and the intended recipient who does not find the humor in it.

    Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! This word perfectly describes my boss's social skills. In her case, it's not a matter of her not finding humor in the jokes because her sense of humor differs. She just plain doesn't get our ('cuz it's not just me) jokes. While others smirk, guffaw, and shriek, she just stares blankly until someone says, "I'm kidding" whereupon she cracks a painful grin and changes the subject.

    Sarchasm. Perfect!

    Labels: ,

    eXTReMe Tracker