• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Thursday, August 24, 2006

    Recalled! Or not?

    Apple is recalling 1.8 million battery packs for its iBook and PowerBook notebook computers because of an overheating problem.

    The recall affects iBook G4 and PowerBook G4 computers sold from October 2003 through this month.

    Eeeks, that's me!

    According to the article:
    Apple consumers with affected products should stop using the recalled batteries immediately and contact Apple for a replacement battery, free of charge.

    Consumers should remove the batteries from their notebooks and use the AC adapter to power their computers.

    Apple can be contacted at 1-800-275-2273 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Central Time all week, or customers can log on to its Web site at http://support.apple.com/batteryprogram.
    First my power cord, and now my battery.

    ::sniff, sniff::

    UPDATE... Well, I just extracted my battery, and the serial number falls outside of this recall and barely outside of the 2005 Battery Exchange Program. But it seems to be to be just a matter of time before a defect is found and I gotta send it in.

    eXTReMe Tracker