• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Friday, July 22, 2005

    The Plame name blame game

    Okay, so I admit that I just wanted to write a post with that headline.

    But seriously folks, why is it that this issue just isn't getting the same screaming headlines as when, say, the closest advisors of a Democratic president does something unethical -- which, no matter how you look at it doesn't compare to the national security threat of a top presidential advisor leaking information about covert operatives. Hmmm, illegal anyone? Felony perhaps? Can we say treasonous? I'm not saying that the leak isn't getting attention, but it is definitely lower voltage than when the other party occupied 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

    Who says the media is completely liberal? The Republican media machinery and spin docs are masters. It's all a perception thing, and the Rs can out-talk and out-strategize the Dems hands down. And the media just follows the rhetoric rather than leads.

    eXTReMe Tracker