• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Sunday, March 27, 2005

    What the duck?

    Adjacent to my apartment building is a swanky hotel with a very nice courtyard for the very rich guests to gaze upon for a illusion of nature in the city. Fortunately for me, I get the same view for about one tenth the price. It has trees and grass and a little moat surrounding the island of ivy. Unfortunately there's not too much natural about it, since the whole thing is just the roof of their garage.

    Today I noticed two ducks -- a male and female -- resting on the air vent in the moat (which is, BTW, a square). No possible way for them to get there on their own, so someone must have had the BRILLIANT idea of placing them there. Mind you, there's no natural place for them to get food or shelter... and I don't want to think about the crap factor.

    Sometimes you just gotta wonder what is going through people's heads...!

    eXTReMe Tracker