• about me
  • also me
  • email me: dicta (dot) chick (at) gmail (dot) com
  • Wednesday, January 10, 2007

    Times, they are a-changin'...

    No more old boys' network. To wit -- Pelosi kicks butts near House floor: No smoking.

    I gotta wonder if that's a direct smack-down of nicotine-addicted former Majority and now Minority Leader John Boehner? Of course, she cites health reasons:

    "The days of smoke-filled rooms in the United States Capitol are over," Pelosi said. "Medical science has unquestionably established the dangerous effects of secondhand smoke, including an increased risk of cancer and respiratory diseases. I am a firm believer that Congress should lead by example."

    I guess it takes a grandma.

    You go, girl! (Or "Go grandma! Go grandma!")

    Labels:

    eXTReMe Tracker